Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Emerging

It is a forced emergence. I have to be at rehearsal this evening so I knew that I had to regain some semblance of alertness.

Since I haven't been on a long vacation (usually never more than 4 days) in forever, I had no idea what the extent of my exhaustion would be. I suppose it didn't help that we drove all night Saturday night and I got 4 hours of sleep during the day Sunday.

I don't know if I moved at all on Sunday. I watched television on my computer, I communicated with my friends on my computer (and a little on my phone), I held on to my poor, human-deprived cat at my desk in front of the computer, I ate in front of my computer. And the bathroom is only 6 steps away from my computer. I just plain didn't move.

Monday was a little better, but not much. My brain was moving, but my body was still exhausted.

I woke up this morning, dragged myself upstairs to go to the bathroom and sat down in front of the computer. It took awhile to bring myself to a state of semi-awareness, but I'm beginning to feel like a human again. I actually got some things put away and straightened out after the post-vacation dump. Laundry is finished, folded and put away, the maps, receipts and notes from the trip are filed and I've gotten some things outlined for the next writing project. I think that's a win for an old lady.

Max has been working intently on processing his photos. He is a driven man. You really need to check them out - leave him comments!

No comments: