Monday, October 06, 2008

Random Things

I notice everything. I freak people out when the random things begin flowing out of my mouth, so I generally just keep that mouth shut. This morning I announced to a friend of mine on IM that I chew on the left side and have to concentrate to chew on the right. I began noticing this when I was eating m&m's. My right side was not having the same amount of 'joy' that my left side was. So, I shared the m&m's with the other side of the mouth.

***
Leica (my dog) is a bit insane. I had no idea. It only happens when we're gone and I'm sure that it happens because we're gone. A few weeks ago, my landlord emailed me to let me know that our new neighbors were complaining about her incessant barking while we were gone. Are you kidding me with this? Alright, fine. So we put her into a middle bedroom as far away from windows and noise as possible, and with as much in between us and the neighbor (I live in a duplex) as could be possible.

One evening when we returned, I discovered a manilla envelope completely shredded on the floor. Hmmm, that's weird. But, I picked it up and tossed it out and didn't give it anymore thought. Last night I walked past the room and saw something strange on the floor. I looked closer and it was a shredded box! We have some boxes that we purchased to store vinyl albums. They are completely broken down, I haven't assembled all of them and these were standing against a dresser.

She had torn into one of them and was either gnawing it or pawing it apart in a fit of insanity.

I have no idea what this is all about, but I will definitely be locking her into that room (storage stuff) because I certainly don't need to have her destroying other things in my house.

***
My neighbors are home for some reason today. I don't like that. I don't know why. I just don't like it. They're odd. They have a long-haired dachshund that sounds like it has bronchitis when it barks. They aren't friendly and I don't like the fact that they won't talk to me about things, but complain to the landlord. That annoyed me.

He opens the hood of his van and leaves it open for hours. I have no idea why.

Last night at 1 in the morning, I was watching some DVRd stuff up here and he was out sitting in the van. Fortunately, I was still dressed since I had the light on and I'm sure he could see inside the room with no problem. He finally drove away. Yup ... got no idea.

***
I have never taken a long vacation without my father doing all of the planning. Max and I haven't taken one of these ... ever! I'm starting to plan. I think I'm going to make myself crazy. I keep telling myself that it's only 10 days. We have credit cards and can buy anything we've forgotten. We're taking the dog and we'll have each other. It will be fine. We're also driving, so we have complete flexibility. But, I'm still freaking out a little bit.

1 comment:

tlksimpson said...

Where in AZ are you going? I know people out there...if you need anything we can hook you up!!

Luv u -- t