Thursday, October 23, 2008

Settling In

As much as I have loved traveling across the country and seeing the amazing things that are part of God's creation, I am very thankful to be settled in one place for a few days. I don't need to have everything from my house, but I'm not great with moving things in and out of the Jeep night after night.

We've pulled everything into this room. I can hook up my stuff, I can access my friends and my world on the internet. I can sort through all of the clothing - deal with the laundry issues. I can walk out of here in the morning without re-packing everything and worrying whether or not I forgot something (I forgot my bottle of Advil this morning ... this isn't good).

When I was growing up, we moved a lot. About every 4-6 years. Mom told me that the first thing I did was collect all of my things into my room, unpack and get my room put together. I couldn't stand being unsettled. I was nesting. And tonight, I've done that here. It feels so good.

I'm sad, I'm pathetic. It's what I do. I miss my room. I miss my friends. I miss my world in Omaha. But, I'm at the halfway point on this fabulous vacation and I'll be home soon!

No comments: