Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagged

I have been tagged by Tena at Gleaming Goat. (I guess I should ask about that Blog title.)

Rules for tagging:

1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Facts about me.
1. I graduated from high school in 1977 - right in the middle of some of the best rock and roll years EVER!

2. I met my husband online in 1994. He wasn't the first guy I had dated after meeting them online - in fact, I met someone as far back as 1987! (Yup, I'm old and that was pre-internet as you know it.) My brother decided that I needed to be aware of this cool thing (online chatting), so he hooked me up and got me started. I began with a 1200 baud modem. I started just as the world was transitioning from 300 baud to 1200 baud. Pretty speedy, eh?

3. My grandmother (mom's mom) rejected 3 full scholarships to Harvard University for us three kids. She thought that her friends (he was the treasurer of Harvard) were offering charity. They probably were. However, I wouldn't be the woman I am now if she had said yes. God knows what He is doing.

4. I can't watch horror/slasher movies. Even the silly, black and white "Night of the Living Dead" from 1968 makes me cry in terror.

5. I once stood six hours in line for Kenny Rogers tickets. Oh ... I need to hide my head in shame for that.

6. I have a desire to visit the Presidential Libraries. I've been to three (Hoover, Truman, Eisenhower). That made me want to see more. Max has taught me to utterly love history.

7. I don't read, I consume books. However, the Bible is the only book that I am absolutely passionate about. I will learn Greek and Hebrew, study hermeneutics and exegesis so that I can help others to love and understand the amazing depths of God's Word.

I don't have 7 people to tag (some of my friends really need to be blogging - hint hint!!!), but I will get:

Tracy
Jim
Cayla
Cody

4 comments:

T. Edlin said...

"Soon her Mama with a Gleaming Gloat..."

Nothing like a little Lonely Goatherd in the morning! :)

T. Edlin said...

Also, Diane, you should read Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation, if you haven't already. I think you would love it!!!

Diane Muir said...

Argh!! Well, now I have THAT song stuck in my head. Guhreat!!

And, the book is now on my Kindle. Yea!

T. Edlin said...

mwah ha ha... my work is done ;)