Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Annoyed ... not angry ... just annoyed

Ahhh, the tough life of not being in the workplace. (I jest)

Today I was to wait for Fedex to show up with a rented camera lens for Max. Signature required. I woke up early (for me) after having had 4 hours of very strange sleep. By the way, I'm still sick and would like to grab as much sleep as possible. I tried to stay awake, tried to stay awake, tried to stay awake.

And I did. For awhile. I checked the tracking on the last few Fedex packages we have received. Hmmm, this could get here anytime between 10:30 am and 2:00 pm. Alright, I'll just deal with that.

I packed up some reading and my phone and headed downstairs - discovered the comfort of the couch and napped (trying to finish my sleep cycle). Up and down the stairs with an ear constantly listening for the arrival of a vehicle out front and a knock on the door.

Checked the tracking on this package - still on the truck at 3:00 pm. Alright, fine. I'm going to eat my lunch. But, I'm right at the top of the steps and the front door is right at the bottom of the steps. A good firm rap on the door and I'll hear it - heck the night of the murder down the street, the police (I hope it was them) knocked on the door at midnight and I heard that! Scared the devil out of me. But, anyway ...

Weird. This is really getting late. i checked the tracking on the package again. EXCEPTION! Attempted at 3:18. No one available.

What the heck? I was right here! Waiting for you. There was no rap at the door. Now, why in the world would he want to walk all the way up the steps to our house, take the time to fill out a door tag and not make a good, sturdy attempt to wake the dead?

I have no idea.

So, Max is going to Fedex when he gets home from work tonight to pick up his package. He's not going to make me go through this again tomorrow. Whew!

By the way, who KNEW that you could rent high end lenses for your camera? He's going to check out a lens that he didn't think he wanted without the huge investment. Pretty cool for a camera geek.

No comments: