Friday, January 16, 2009

Smartest Husband. Ever.

You know, some women have husbands that know to bring them flowers and chocolate and diamonds. And while that would be nice, it's not what I need.

Everyone knows by now what my addiction is, right?

If I need to tell you - it's my computer.

I called Max about 2:30 this afternoon.

Diane: Max? My computer died.
Max: What?
Diane: My computer. It's dead. This is what it says, "(I have no memory right now, but I read him the message on the black screen)"
Max: Oh.
Diane: What does that mean?
Max: Well, it could be the hard drive.
Diane: Are you telling me that I am going to have to rebuild this thing. Again?
Max: I'll be home in a couple of hours. If I can repair it, I will. But, don't worry ... everything is back up.
Diane: Sigh. ok. I'll pull out the laptop. I love you.

I called him back.
Diane: Wireless is disabled. Help me!
Max: Here's what you do.
(and we did it - and for the life of me, there's no way that I can tell you what we did. I couldn't remember those steps to save my life!)
Diane: Thank you. I love you.

Max got home and I told him that I would be fine with the laptop tonight. I didn't want to be like everyone else in the world that made him fix their computers right away. He sat down at his desk and I could tell that he was itching to fix the problem, so I cleaned off the little table that sits over the computer and pulled everything away from it.

He went over to the computer and began pulling the all of the USB plugs out of the back. He started the computer. It came back to life. He reinserted the keyboard and mouse plugs and handed me the headset.

He got it for me for Christmas. It had been messing with things from the beginning and we had even downloaded and run a firmware update on it. As soon as he was able to think about it, he realized that there was an issue with one of the USB attachments.

I love my husband. He's just so darned smart!

No comments: