Saturday, January 17, 2009

How little I really know

Sometimes I freak myself out as I'm traveling around the internet. You see, I love information. I'm smart enough to know that I can't have all of the information in my mind (yet), so I've chosen several favorite avenues of thought to pursue. But, even as I wander those highways and byways, I am stunned at how little I actually know.

Thank heavens for Wikipedia and the internet at large. This compendium of human knowledge makes more available to me than I would have ever thought possible. It overwhelms me and at times reminds me of how small I really am.

The next step for me is to eliminate the sensory input required to process this information. My favorite part of the Matrix movie series was the immediacy of acquiring information. Jack me in!

No comments: