Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cards

If you haven't gotten a Christmas card from me yet and you were expecting one ... well, there's a reason. They haven't been mailed yet.

I asked Max Wednesday evening (yes, that was 3 days ago) to drop them in the mailbox (1/2 block from our house) as he drove to work on Thursday morning.

"Oh! No problem!" he said. And I put it out of my mind. I banded them nicely for the the postman and placed them on his desk with his telephones, etc. that he gathers up for work in the morning.

Thursday evening he tells me that he forgot to mail them - they were in his coat pocket. "No problem," I said. "I'm not in that big of a hurry."

Late Friday evening he says to me, "I forgot to mail the Christmas cards! They're still in my coat pocket."

Oh really? I giggled a little. "No big deal." Knowing that this morning he would be out and about. "You can just mail them tomorrow."

I asked him this evening if he had mailed the Christmas cards. He chuckled. I knew that they were still in his coat pocket.

"Why don't you pull them out of your coat and set them on my desk. Then at least both of us will try to remember to get them mailed."

I'm trying. I'm trying!

1 comment:

Fran said...

The cards are beautiful!
Merry Christmas my friends, I love you both!
Fran