Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry 'Twas the day before ...

Anticipation is in the air, everyone is just a little more excited about life than normal. Is it just the gifts or is it time spent with family and special meals that will be cooked? It's all of that and more as we prepare for Christmas.

Many people emphasize time spent with family and friends over celebrating the birth of Christ during this holiday season, but the knowledge of His saving grace is what allows us ot have complete joy in our lives.

I've just spent a few minutes reading through blogs from last year. I can't believe I said nothing about Christmas Day, but at the same time it was a very different Christmas. Our family gathered for the first time without Dad there. That was weird. His brother had just died and the funeral would happen after Christmas was finished.

My camera was out of whack that year and I didn't take the usual pictures, so I don't remember everything that happened during the day. That will change this year. Max and I are each taking our camera, pictures WILL be taken from every position during every moment.

I kept reading through my blogs. I talked a lot about napping. I remember thinking that was all I ever wrote about - the need for yet another nap. Do you know, it's been really nice to get past that! I can't believe that I was running as much as I did. Was I nuts? Well, it was all I ever knew. I had started running from 7 am to 10 pm many years previously and I didn't know how to stop. I'm certainly glad to have finally stopped.

I have one batch of dough in the bread maker, it's the last one for the weekend (this makes #6), I have to take a shower and gather up lots of stuff. Carol has most of the gifts with her, but I still have a bunch here. Max and I carried camera bags, the laptop bag and travel kit downstairs last night. As soon as he gets home, we'll pack up the car and head out. I can hardly wait.

Carol is already on her way to Jim's house, Jim & Janet and the kids have been cleaning, everyone is excited to see each other.

Over 2000 years ago, a star shone, angels sang, shepherds worshiped, a mother gave birth to the Savior, who is Christ the Lord. The Messiah has come to bring us home to the Father. Amen.

No comments: