Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Max has just gotten home from work and is taking a nap before we head out for the evening. Gotta rest up so we can stay up, right? I should join him, but it's not fair to him. I snore and if he doesn't fall right to sleep, he doesn't sleep. So, I'll stay up.

I'm looking forward to blogging tomorrow. I want to spend time thinking about 2008 and what is to come in 2009. I'll glance back through the blogs I've written and it should be a good chance to remember all the fun I've had. This has been such a different year. The last few years were incredible. I took everything in stride, but when I look at what happened, it could have been overwhelming.

Max did say to me, just about a year ago, that 2008 was going to be a much better year. The thing is, I don't know if 'better' is the word I would use to describe it. Different - definitely, but not necessarily better. Even with death and loss and change and upheaval, I would not have asked for things to be different in 2006 and 2007.

Tonight I hope that everyone is safe and enjoys the celebration. Tomorrow is a new year!

“This is what the Lord says, ‘Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.’” Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

No comments: