Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm a little embarrassed

Good heavens, I'm getting old and the hormones have now taken over my body ... and my emotions.

We were hanging around tonight, just chatting and teasing and playing. Carol was looking through the pile of photos that I had scanned over the last week or so and nothing serious was happening.

All of a sudden, as they were teasing Max about being hen-pecked, I asked him about it again and I busted out crying! What in the heck? I couldn't bring myself under control. My poor family decided it was important to comfort me, but I couldn't figure out what for!

The only thing I can think is that hormones are crossing my synapses faster than my sense of normalcy. Maybe Carol looking through the pictures of my past helped set it up, maybe the excitement of the holiday, maybe just ... aw heck, I have no idea.

An hour or so later, I was talking to Max in the kitchen alone, trying to figure out what had happened to me. My emotions were still riding high and I knew that I could easily cry yet again.

I don't know what's up with this, but I certainly hope that it ends before tomorrow morning. Good heavens!

No comments: