Friday, March 20, 2009

Bag Addiction

I prefer to blame my friends for those things that I can't control in myself. It makes it much easier to accept my own failures. I had been doing so well since my last purse purchase. In fact, I still really like the bag and use it all the time.

For quite a long period of time (more than a month or two), I actually hadn't had to squelch a desire to buy a new purse ... until Rebecca reminded me how much I actually loved the stupid things. And then I was like ... well, I was like a dog who can smell the food on the table and even though he/she knows that it is wrong to be on the table ... instincts will reign over good manners.


Instinct reigned. There is one other thing that I love. Well crafted leather bags. I spend way too much time wandering around Renaissance Art's website looking at their different bags and journals, portfolios, pouches, etc. I discovered them last summer when I was looking for the perfect laptop bag. Oh ... I love my laptop bag.




So, I've been looking at the moleskin pouches for awhile (well, heck ... looking at them along with everything else) and after the gentle nudge (or push into the raging river) reminding me how much I desperately loved a new bag, I took the plunge ... no more self-control.



It's just a little pouch. It didn't cost a lot of money and I'm so excited! It's going to be cooler than I expected. But, it smells really good and it feel really good.

Max didn't say too much tonight when I tried to explain the reason behind my purchase. He just smiled. I'm pretty certain that he didn't walk away thinking to himself, "My wife is just awesome. Look at that fabulous little leather pouch she just purchased."

No, I suspect that he just rolled his eyes and chalked another mark on the "Eternal Quest for the Perfect Bag" chart.

That's ok ... as long as he doesn't give me trouble about bags and books, I don't give him trouble about lenses and adaptors.

No comments: