Friday, March 13, 2009

Poor Carol

Yup, she's the brunt of this story.

About 15 minutes ago, my phone rang. I looked at it, saw that it was a weird number, but picked it up anyway. A woman said, "I'm sorry, wrong number" after I had said, "Hello." I flipped the phone shut and went back to what I was doing.

Finally, Max came over to me and said, "That's weird."

"What?"

"The phone rang and only one word was spoken."

"What?" You have to know that by this point, I had long since moved on from the phone call and was processing on Isaiah. I had forgotten all about that call.

I must have looked confused, because he went on, "The phone rang. You answered it and said, 'Hello.' I know that Carol has long monologues, but this was ridiculous!"

Ah ha! I remembered the call. "Oh, that was just a wrong number!"

"Whew!" he said. "I heard the call, waited one minute, waited two minutes ... ten minutes was just too long, even for Carol!"

Oh ... I do love to giggle.

No comments: