Thursday, March 26, 2009

Post 501

Well, I have posted 500 blogs in the last year and a half. I started writing on this site in August of 2006 - just before everything in my life turned upside down.

In that first post, I wrote: "I am a normal person, living a normal life. I have a desperate desire to share what I have learned over the years with you. I don't believe that I have more information than you do, but I do believe that it's a bit different. Just as each of us are unique and special, the information that resides in our minds is unique and quite special. That means that I am here to learn and to teach."

Within a month of that post, everything that I knew to be normal turned upside down with the closing of our business and me looking for a job. From that point on ... normal became a word to be redefined on a regular basis. My father died, my cat died, my mother-in-law died, two uncles died. I got a new job, I left my new job. Max lost a job, had a 12 week recuperation following ankle replacement surgery, he got a new job (which he has managed to enjoy and continue). For awhile, our world seemed to be in complete chaos. But, I don't know that I ever freaked out. Oh, I had my moments of wondering what in the world was going on, but above all, I knew that we would be alright and God was with us.

I do remember Max asking me at one point in late 2007 ... do you think that next year will be better? It had to be. It just had to be! And ... it was.

I've told many of you this, but one of the most foolish things I ever did when I was young was to actually ask God to help me find patience. Yup, I did it ... I asked for it. And managed to spend the next decades of my life learning to be patient. I fail miserably most days, but the one thing that I have discovered and I hope shows up in my posts on this blog is that allowing God to have control of my life has given me a peace around the craziness that happens.

And ... it all does work out! As I scan through these 500 posts, I see ups and downs and learning (and relearning), but mostly I see joy. JOY!

Joy ...

2 comments:

Fran said...

Psalm 30:11
11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,


Isn't God just amazing when we allow Him to work in our lives!
Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Diane Muir said...

I'm glad you're here, Joannah ... I love to see new people!